Monday, May 13, 2013

Andrew


Way back when, my cousin love-bombed my parents with books from his perspective.  One of them was Ender's Game.  I blasted through it in two days and I periodically return to it even now.  It sent me on an Orson Scott Card binge, but none of the others had this book's power.  Ender's internal voice is similar to mine.  His relationship to others, being a part of things yet always separate, is simply human.  Discovering that you are your community's favorite weapon is an experience understood and whose pain of shared responsibility for horrors, while overblown, is not overborne.  
I am eager to see the movie version, but I am certain it cannot live up to the book.  How will they get us in Ender's head?  That is the sight to see, the rest of it is simply something for him to think about.  


No comments: