Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Repeatedly

There are some movies that we think will be a hit that find themselves tucked in a binder pocket never to be watched again and then there are those movies we can never find because we watch them over and over.  Here are some some of those must find movies at our house.
In the early days of this blog I didn't feel comfortable posting my photograph, so I posted under an image of Ginger from Chicken Run.  She is clever, loving and determined to triumph over evil, so I still think it fits.  If the kids have this movie on, I generally switch to folding laundry, so I can watch it for the sixteenth time without guilt.
Up is so beautiful, and who doesn't love the beginning sequence?  Each pearl in this movie is carefully laid before the audience so that you are never under or overwhelmed.  The Squirrel gag never gets old at our house because our yard is overrun with squirrels, ok, I find it a tad old when I'm teaching.
I am a huge Hammy fan.  The funniest animated sequence of all time is when they give Hammy the can of soda and the world goes still.  The rest of the movie is a pleasure too.  I am most like Verne,
and I'm always rooting for him.  Over the Hedge still engages me, and that's impressive considering
how often I've watched it.
If Chicken Run is my big draw, Despicable Me is Kurt's.  When we can't agree on what to watch this one satisfies us all.  We cannot wait for the sequel.  The minions are worth the price of admission by themselves.  They should have a "how many eyes would you have if you were a minion" joke on the extras disc.  I think I'd have three.  
These are my can't miss movies.  Enjoy.

No comments: