Saturday, May 05, 2012

If you can't get enough at the grocery store

When I was young, UPCs were a novelty, and watching the cashier scan the groceries evoked scanner envy.  Then came the self-checkout, and my joy overflowed.  Now you can bring that joy home--with The Home Library App.  Just wave the camera over the UPC on the back of most books and seconds later you have a detailed record of your book.  For older books, you can do a keyword search, for really old books you can enter it manually.  So far I've scanned about 1/2 of our books, I think, and we have 1, 021 titles and the replacement value is 20,000.
I'm enjoying reconnecting with books I haven't seen in a while.  My library is one of my favorite ways of connecting with people.  Pulling the perfect book off the shelf never gets old, and most of my books get returned--though it's been a while since I've seen A Good Man is Hard to Find.
Great app!  Good clean fun.

No comments: