Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Life in Apps

I have made no secret of my love for my iPad.  I am not exaggerating when I say my life is changed because of this machine.  I don't know how I'd go back to life without it.  Here is a glimpse of my life as I live it now thanks to all those great apps.

Reminders--I had to have a place to dump all those tasks that need to be done, but not tomorrow.  I may never get the piano tuned, but I'll think about it every time I open this app.
 iPlan Lessons-  teachers book for homeschoolers.
Pepper Plate--favorite recipes, menu plans and instant shopping lists
Pages--holds most of my novel, my poetry, a class on medieval monasticism for co-op and other stuff I want to hang on to.
Storyist--As soon as I finish typing my first draft up, I'll be breaking this program out to play with the next draft.
Meta Notebook--where I stash my notes on the books I'm reading.
ChorePad--keep track of chores and allowance
Cash Flow--keeping track of kids money from work and gifts
Nature Sounds--takes me home quick with my own brew of sounds.  The loon could be better.
Pocket Yoga--best way to learn yoga I've found
Livestrong Calorie Counter--make a difference for me.  I love to fill out charts and these charts put me on the right path.
My Food--it's pretty and it makes me think about what I'm eating.
Notes--I have sixteen.  They range from medical procedures to poems in process to addresses.  I dump everything here.
Divine Office--fills the day with scripture, songs and prayers
iMissal--up-to-date with the latest changes.  Just figured that out.
Prayers--lots of prayers including rosaries.  Great way to fill empty time.
Prayer Journal--more Protestant way of recording what you're praying for and how often.
MeaCulpa--so helpful to the convert.  You work through scrutinies and the results are packaged neatly with all the prayers and such for Reconcilliation.
Facebook--The news I really care about.  "Go, Ian!  Eat those crackers!"
Sam's Club--shopping list and evalues in a fun setting.
ABC News--what else is going on in the world
Magical Weather--charming
Flixster--if you love movies as much as I do this is a must.
Terra Nova--Please don't let it be dead.
ABC Player--when I need a little down time.
Presidents vs. Aliens--too much fun.

The only thing I can't do easily--work on my blog.  Ironic.
That's it.  My life on an iPad.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Aw, my Ian made the list. Thanks. :)