Sunday, August 09, 2009

Mrs. I Pj

My life has been going through a lot of upheaval for the last four years or so. Like waking up from a dream I realized that my life didn't look anything like I expected or needed it too--with one vibrant exception. I am overrun with kids. I always wanted it to be like this. Tons of children growing, learning, breathing. They really don't have to do much to keep me entertained. I'm in the thick of it now. Next year the oldest will start highschool, but the youngest is still in diapers.
It's so important to know what you can and can't live without. I knew if I missed out on the kids nothing else would be able to compensate, and now that I see how much I've missed out on, they compensate for the loss as nothing else ever could. I may not be where I wanted to be, but I'm in a very good place.
Once I got over grieving the lost time, I've started setting up a schedule and a system for catching up. I'll never get as far as I could have, but I'll get far enough to fling rocks at Goliath should the need arise. The hardest part was figuring out what I wanted most from my new adventure in education. Now that I know what I want to know it's a simple matter of picking up the books and reading them. They are lying all over the house. I bought them for my kids.

No comments: