Saturday, September 02, 2023

I Know Better


 The call of nature is one ring I’d like to leave unanswered. The intrusion of bodily necessity on my day is mostly resented. When I am working I like to keep working before inspiration or concentration slips away.   I don’t like excreting things. They all smell bad. I don’t like having to ask people to excuse me so I can go do this disgusting thing. I do like the profound relief of having pushed it too long and finally finding the right circumstances to let it go, but this is not sufficient pleasure to make the day to day less onerous. 

Why are we discussing the unpleasant? I was told a person my age has to pay better attention to hydration. I’ve been told the same thing for most of my life. I’ve had nightmares about being unable to find proper facilities since I was nine. The two things clash. Fortunately, I make plans for these kinds of contingencies, and I’d been eyeing water bottles forever. The good ones are so expensive, and finding the right features for you can be frustrating. I’ve tried enough ones to know that a Tervis brand water bottle with wide mouth opening in a playful Disney character print would suit my need. The price however was still enough to make me put the bottle back on the shelf.

When my doctor said “Drink more water.” I was ready to pick it up. Unfortunately the Disney print had already been adopted, but the same water bottle was available in a butterfly print that speaks of transformation. I don’t know if it can really do the trick, but it can try.

No comments: