Thursday, August 24, 2023

Seek and Ye Shall Find


 My sister and I are five and a half years apart in age. It meant finding activities to do together was always a challenge. At the last moment before I hit puberty leaving childhood behind forever, we discovered Strawberry Shortcake. The dolls appealed to both of us, were not overly expensive, and we could play for a long time without either of us getting grumpy.

I still have mine and the little fold-up kitchen I got for Christmas. I miss the experience of collecting Strawberry Shortcake items. They always smelled so good, and they could be posed in fun and interesting ways. Strawberry Shortcake was creative and spunky. Her legacy hasn’t persisted as I hoped. I did google Strawberry Shortcake and found these Funko figures. Unfortunately they are really expensive. I will keep looking.

No comments: