Sunday, February 09, 2014

I See Satan Fall Like Lightning

There are some books that I can't have enough copies of.  I'm always lending them out, so I never have them to read.  I See Satan Fall Like Lightning is one of those books. Rene Girard, a man of many disciplines, continually challenges me to examine how I am living my life, which kingdom am I putting forward.  He has made me question the validity of so many ideas and practices that I took for granted.  I look at the way we refuse to abandon the teachings that we feel put us on the safe side of the contagion without acknowledging the wickedness of leaving anyone in the vulnerable zone. I used to dig moats and build castles out of theology and prejudice, but when you look at Jesus, he lived like a homeless person, vulnerable and open to everyone he met.
This is a book to challenge your thinking and to open your eyes to what kind of life you are really living.This is a chance to begin again.

No comments: