Sunday, December 08, 2013

Fascinating


I have always been blessed with fascinating friends.  Starting with Rene Rosier in kindergarten until the present day, my friends have always stretched me and introduced me to wider worlds.  A recent addition, Janet Tyson, is helping me see art in new and hip ways through her work, guerrilla exhibitions, and most recently her art blog--artcite.net.
Janet's work is highly conceptualized without being stuffy.  Legos are her preferred medium and I never knew that they could say so much.  She also has a lot to say about other people's work.  I hadn't fully appreciated Rene Magritte and the Early Netherlandish artists before we were friends, and now I have new windows into the way the past connects with the present artist--that's useful no matter what creative field you work in.  You should quickly go and make her acquaintance.
Visit her HERE, and be prepared to learn.

No comments: