Thursday, June 30, 2011

Welcome Henrietta Pussycat

Best birthday present ever has to be my iPad. It's like crutches for my brain. Things that came so easily when I was younger, I now need apps to keep track.
And there are tons of apps! Want to get your kids excited about doing their chores? Chore Pad has everyone working hard to earn stars and open trophies. Want to pray in a deeply meaningful way in community with the church? The Divine Office simplifies all the ribbons and antiphons and allows you to pray at the same time as three to five hundred people. Want to lose weight? Livestrong Calorie Tracker has all the info you need to count calories including those burned by exercise. Want to pick up the pace on your writing project? Write Chain gently nudges you to meet daily goals. And I'm just getting started.
Not to mention that it's just fun. I have games and the Internet at my fingertips. Entertaining children who are worn out or bored is just at the tap of a finger. I've added nook for kids, though I won't be replacing my classic nook--X the Owl. I love how it is as close to a book as an electronic machine can get. All of my Great Books reading will be done on my nook. For picture books you really have to have color, so I don't mind moving that function to my iPad--Henrietta Pussycat. All in all, I foresee those two sharing purse space for years to come.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention of Chore Pad Christine! I posted a link to your article on our Facebook page :)
http://www.facebook.com/ChorePad

Christine Ansorge said...

I do, truly love Chore Pad. My kids can't wait to enter their work for the day. We have used numerous versions of chore charts from homemade to fancy store bought. This blog is actually littered with their remains. It's the digital age and all that that jazz is what kids need and deserve. Thank you for making a struggle into a happy time for my kids.