Monday, November 01, 2010

S.H.E again!


Mother had this book lying around the house. I have always been a reading omnivore, so if it was there... I liked the logic of delineating each task on a card and setting them aside was almost as good as ticking things off a list without the trouble of drawing up a list every day. I didn't put it to work though until we were expecting our third and all warnings were that this was when it got tough, so I wanted to be ready. I bought my own and a bunch of 3x5 cards and Attila the Hun was born. (I name nearly everything I use frequently including my 3x5 card file.) After a while my natural need to complete all remaining tasks took over and Attila was overkill. I respectfully put her away and then the slow slide into slovenly got worse with each new baby. After a move and three more children I'm not sure I really know how to make it work anymore, so I remembered Attila and all those 3x5 cards. The number of tasks is simply overwhelming, but I've been meeting with the kids and parceling out responsibilities. Everyone but Kurt will have their own card box. I'm hoping it's a success not just for me, but for all of us.
If you are looking for a good system to help you master whatever is going on in your house, I recommend Sidetracked Home Executives. Even if you're not a slob it helps you picture what needs done and how to accomplish it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Or is it Attila the Honey??