Sunday, March 14, 2010

Must See QVC

I do not as a rule watch QVC. Ok, Jim Shore with his quaint knick-nacks may lure me in for a moment, or I'll use the perpetual commercial to fill in ad space during family films on non-family channels. Otherwise, no, I do not watch home shopping channels--except for St. Patrick's Day.
I was ill a few years ago when we had basic, basic cable and there was nothing on. In desperation I turned on QVC and was mesmerized. Authentic Irish business people were hawking authentic Irish wares and all with that lovely accent. I watched hours of the stuff, but I didn't buy anything after all it was just QVC. The next year I found myself looking forward to St. Pat's for the sale. I hoped they'd have the things I almost bought and other things I might like even better. Long story short, I love St. Patrick's Day on QVC. You should check it out.

No comments: