Thursday, June 28, 2007

End of an Era

I've been changing diapers, daily, for the last eleven years and some. Our youngest is finally getting interested in potty training, and we're getting excited about dropping diapers from our expenses and our chores.
One of the things that drew me to having children and lots of them was the idea of a tiny little body rustling in the crib. I liked the idea of the little diapered behind sticking up in the air, and I must admit, I've enjoyed the reality.
I am not the best at potty training. I suspect it's because I've never been particularly annoyed by diapers. I don't suppose you could say I enjoy changing them. In fact, you can definitely say I don't, but I did love the closeness of being the only person who was still glad to be around the stinky little being. They were always so glad when things were made right again in that department. I will miss that.
Here's to my babies. Growing into personhood one little step at a time.

No comments: